About Dr. Madorsky
Biography: Doctor Simon Madorsky is the medical director and founder of the Skin Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery Center and its sister facility, the Appearance Center of Newport Beach. With over 20 years of experience in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, he is exceptionally qualified to perform complex procedures and does so with the highest standard of excellence. In addition to his surgical specialties, Dr. Madorsky has over a decade of specialized experience in skin cancer management, offering both surgical and non surgical skin cancer treatment plans to his patients.
Specialty: Skin Cancer Management, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Interests: Dr. Madorsky is the CME Chair of SCARS Foundation - an entity dedicated to skin cancer research and physician and community education. He is an avid learner and an advocate for providing his patients and physicians with the resources needed to understand, prevent, and cure skin cancer.
Board Certification: American Board of Otolaryngology, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Founder and CME Chair Skin Cancer and Reconstructive Surgery Foundation 2012
- Medical Director SCARS Center and Appearance Center
- OCMA Physician of Excellence Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Past Member, Governing Board Newport Plaza Surgery Center 2009
- Founder Orange County ENT Study Club
- Chairman Department of EENT, St Joseph Hospital Orange CA 2006-2007
- Vice-Chairman Department of EENT, St Joseph Hospital Orange CA 2005-2006
- Member, Physician Leadership Committee St Joseph Hospital Affiliated Physicians IPA Orange CA 2003-2004
- Chairman Department of Otolaryngology Western Medical Center Santa Ana CA 1999-2001
- Resident Research Award "Nerve Regeneration Through Collagen Tubules" American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1993
For over twenty-two years, the Orange County medical community has praised Doctor Madorsky for his achievements in the field of medicine and skin cancer research. He has acted as Founder, Chairman and Member of several notable organizations and is the five-time winner of the award for the Orange County Medical Association (OCMA) Physician of Excellence, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. In addition to being recognized by these organizations, he is honored by the praise of his surgical peers and patients, who frequently refer or are referred to Doctor Madorsky because of his ability to treat with outstanding results.
Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Texas, 1986 - 1990
Internship: University of California Irvine - General Surgery, 1990 - 1992
Residency: University of California Irvine - Head and Neck Surgery, 1992 - 1996
Fellowship: Oregon Health Sciences University - Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1996 - 1997
Research: Since 2011, he has written over one hundred blog posts about preventing, detecting and treating skin cancer on his national Newsletter / blog for physicians - The Skin Cancer Connection at www.SCARSCenter.com.
He has given many scientific presentations over the years, ranging from peripheral nerve regeneration to scientific milestones over the last half century, and was recently asked to speak on Lip Reconstruction at the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Phoenix, Arizona. Dr. Madorsky's work is used to engage the community in research and development.
Stay up to date
Receive research updates, inspiring stories, healthy living tips and more.
WHY CHOOSE SCARS CENTER?
SCARS Center is home to some of the most widely used plastic and reconstructive surgeons in Orange County.
Orange County's Premiere Skin Cancer Treatment Center